Grenfell Stingers Senior Soccer

Sunday last the Stingers were abuzz with anticipation at the thought of doing battle against the Tichborne Tigers who are the competition leaders. As we travelled to Parkes we were mindful of the score last time we met. We were thinking that if we could keep them to single figures we would be doing well. Fortunately we were able to field a full side.

We took the field not knowing what to expect. The Tigers didn’t keep us guessing for too long. Mark was soon to be kept busier than a traffic cop in India. Within the first few minutes Mark’s keeping skills were put to the test. However, after ten minutes Mark succumbed to the barrage and Tigers scores their first goal. Five minutes later another one finds the back of the net.

The Stingers rallied and played good soccer for the rest of the first half. The forwards, Michael and Adam, along with the centres, Dan, Brad, Dave and Clare all worked hard to pressure the Tiger’s defense and show the Tigers they weren’t going to have it all their way. After 30 minutes the Tigers scored their third goal after which Gary was heard to say, “That was my fault.” It takes a big man to admit to such a thing, hey Gary. Even if it wasn’t Gary’s fault, we’d still blame him. The score at halftime was a fairly respectable 3-0.

The second half saw the Tigers score their fourth goal within five minutes. Ten minutes later they scored their fifth. 62 minutes into the match our goalkeeper was penalized with a hand ball offense. Figure that one out. Gary, Murray, Ben and Mitch formed a defensive wall, making sure to protect those bits that need protecting. Instead of trying to shoot through the wall, the Tigers decided to go around it and scored what turned out to be a very easy goal.

A few minutes, later Mitch thought he might get better acquainted with the good sort on the other team, but was rewarded with a yellow card. When he tried to justify his actions he was threatened with a red. A word of advice Mitch; keep your mind on the game. A few minutes later, the Tigers scored their seventh goal.

With about 15 minutes to go Ben, after having his usual solid game in the backs, thought he’d go up front for a rest. It was about this time that the Tigers changed their goalkeeper. Maybe this was our opportunity. With eight minutes to go, Michael had a cracking shot and found the back of the net in the top right hand corner. With five minutes to go, Michael pounced on a loose ball and once again was able to put the ball past the keeper and into the back of the net. Yea we scored, twice! Shortly afterwards the full time whistle went with 7-2 being the final score. Michael deservedly was voted player’s player.

Our next game is this Sunday at Top Lawson Oval with a 12:00 pm kick-off. All players will be available to sign autographs immediately following the match. Thanks once again to our sponsors, the Grenfell Bowling Club and to Lyle for providing sausages for our B.B.Q.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训.